How Do I Review My NPQ Results?
When you answer a question in NPQ™, you will see the correct answer and a detailed rationale.
But where do you go from there? This guide will help! Make sure to have a piece of paper out so you can take notes about your results!
If you got the question wrong:
Before you look at the rationale, review the correct answer
- Do you see what you did wrong?
- Did you misread or misinterpret the question?
- Did you miss a keyword?
- Did you just not understand the topic?
- Did you fall into a test-taking trap?
Now review the rationale
- Make sure you understand why the right answer is right and why the wrong answers are wrong
- Provide feedback on the question if you have any issues
- Make note of the error you made or the misunderstanding you had
- Make note of the Nursing Category
- Make note of the topic and what body system is involved
- Repeat with each question you take in NPQ™ or inside of specific Lessons
Review your overall results after taking at least 100 NPQ™
- Do you see any patterns?
- Did you read into a lot of the questions?
- Did you fall into the same test-taking trap repeatedly?
- Are you missing key words in the questions?
What Nursing Categories are you struggling with?
- Is there a body system you’re consistently missing?
- Do you struggle with prioritization?
- Do you struggle with management of care?
If you got the question right:
Read the rationale to solidify your knowledge (make sure you got it right for the right reasons!)
- Then MOVE ON! Don’t spend much time onthe ones you got right!
Use those identified areas of weakness
- Focus on those specific lessons related to the questions you missed
- Take 25-50 NPQ™ in each of your 3-4 lowest Nursing Categories to improve your results in those categories